The frogbike is rebuild to trekking bike.
Frogbikes make perfect kids bikes but miss out on some parts.
- No reflective striping on the tyres. (most common in europe)
- mudgard don’t have a break out.
- Shimano Acera 8 speed is a to “light” for serious climbs.
Since our first Frog bike some things have been changed:
- Mounting option for locks.
- mounting options for mudgard.
I use the following parts to create a trekkingbike.
Pricing is a indication.
- Sunrace 10 speed , 11-40 T (buy cassette) $ 55,-
- Shimano deore 10 speed shifter. ( buy shifter ) $ 32,-
- Shimano deore achter deraileur 10 speed ( koop derailleur) $ 45,-
- SKS 10 speed ketting ( buy chain ) $ 28,-
- SKS spatboard 26 inch (buy mudgard) $ 28,-
- Schwalbe big apple, 50-559 ( buy tire ) $ 35,-
- Schwalbe binnenband SV13 ( buy tire ) $ 5,-
- Racktime Fold it fix drager, ( buy rackpack ) $ 24,-
- LED achterlicht ( buy light/a> ) $ 18,-
- Led voorlicht ( buy light ) $ 18,-
- Abus art slot ( buy lock ) $ 19,-
- Standaard ( buy kickstand ) $ 24,-
Total extra costs are approx $ 330,-
The schwalbe Big Apple tyres are a bit expensive but they help to get a better comfertable ride.
Many off the parts would be available for a lower price. I did want to create a solid bike at a low weight.
For every part I did make choose between price/ weight/ quality.
These choices will be differant for every one.
the total weight is 13,4 kg ( 29,5 LBS). The lock with a weight of 700 gram makes the Frog 78 a bit heavier.
The first 12 km have been made. Finn did like his new bike.
Many kilometers will follow.
Links are to a affiliate partner.
Click to change language: Dutch